Board Meeting - August 30, 2007
West Cascade Return Peace Corps Board Meeting
August 30, 2007, 7:15-8:15pm
Michael and Shannon's Home, Eugene
Members present: Dustin Johnson, Benj Epstein, Rolly Thompson, Wayne Thompson, Michael Kresko, James Cloutier, Dorothy Soper, Felicia Kenney, Maggie Keenan.
- Food for Lane County - Empty Bowls Fundraiser clean-up; September 22nd at Food For Lane County building. We clean up after their major fundraiser. Shannon will email information to be posted on the website.
- Norma LeBard has ten year old RPCV directory that's up for grabs.
- Prof. Women's Network - requesting RPCV's to speak; request will be put on the website. It may be a good recruiting opportunity. Brett?
- We approved the acceptance of payments via PayPal.
- Fees will be separated for joining the NPCA on the website ( i.e. two separate checks)
- Rolly will order Peace Corps calendars to sell
- Felicia will manage the database and post it to the website. It will be password protected so each of the Board members can edit it. The list will allow Benj to see who needs reminders to pay.
- Great time! Thanks Shannon and Deb! Over sixty people showed up from the Pacific Northwest and about seven total from WCPCA. We hosted and organized the event.
- Parade: Wear you country clothes; Taxi and flags are taken care of; meet at 13th and High Street at 8:30 am
- Booth: Contact Maggie K., will see if Brett will also be manning a booth or joining ours?
- Motion passed to move elections from October to November so it can tie in with potluck.
Cameroon Well Project Update:
- coming home in January for a month; they can speak at that month's meeting
West Cascade Activities:
Friday, September 7th Potluck @ Maggie K's. Thank you! Dorothy and Dave will giving a presentation on Ghana.
September 27th, Thursday - Board meeting at Benj's
Nicaragua, Nov. 2nd, Friday - Potluck, location TBA, Eli/ Brook / Dustin