Board Meeting - July 5, 2007
West Cascade Return Peace Corps Board Meeting
July 5, 2007, 7:15-9:15pm
Home of M. Kresko & S. Micheel, Eugene
Members present: James Cloutier, Dustin Johnson, Shannon Micheel, Michael Kresko, Rolly Thompson, Wayne Thompson, Felicia Kenney, Evanelina Sungrenz, Brett Holt, Laura Holt, Benj Epstein, Eli Meyer, Deb McLaughlin.
- Currently working best he can and random rescheduling emails were approved by the board.
- Dustin is making a list of all West Cascade Returned Peace Corps Assoc. stuff. Please contact him if you have anything.
- $4536.00 in our bank account.
- Two people paid for Diamond Lake @ $15 per person
- Well project received funding in Cameroon.
- 501c3/ Non-profit status - we do not have it, presently. We have applied per Atkison CPA three times but not according to the gov't(s). Need to complete more paperwork and align our bylaws with non-profit rules; will cost between $700 - 1000.
- S. Micheel will look into fast tract tax status
- Sub-Committee formed of Evangelina, Rolly, Shannon, and Felicia - will look at Boise RPCA's by-laws and work to align with gov't. non-profit guidelines.
- Random requests Felicia gets will get forwarded to James C.
- Secretary will send Board meeting minutes to be posted on the web
- Benj will send out hardcopies to people who don't use email-needs names
- Dustin will notify the members that new board minutes are posted on the web
- Beryl Brinkman Memorial Fund - close to $20 K may be contributed by Beryl in her will to be administered by the board or other; James C. will talk with Jim Beyer and Trisha about fund status.
West Cascade Activities:
Picnic at Wayne and Rolly's: from 12 to 4pm; bratwurst and hamburgers will be provided; bring potluck dish.Felicia volunteered to send out notices about future potlucks to the Register Guard and the Eugene Weekly. Wayne said he would get more information for her.
Eugene Celebration: Shannon will look into; happens in September; shares a booth with U of O; will need volunteers to man booth
Special Olympics: Aug. 25th at 9 AM; contact Benj 341-4678 to walk or volunteer; more information at Sunday s potluck
Grassroots Garden: Brett will spearhead and lunch will be included; a way to help out Food for Lane County in October
Regional Campout Aug. 2 - 5: BE THERE! subcommittee members along with Michael and Shannon, Eli and Wayne, Felicia, Dale Dow and Vern Delk ; Eli will chair
Sub Committee will meet @ 7:15 PM 2080 Friendly St 255-2872 at the home of Deb Mclaughlin
Payment and RSVPs to Evangelina - $15 per adult and 1/2 price per child; Food : Idaho charges $2 for breakfast on Sunday; dinner on Saturday by us except BYOB
People take care of their own meals; potluck Friday; all other meals people are on their own
Sunday, July 8th Picnic at Wayne and Rolly s 12 to 4pm
Board Meeting - August 30th
Potluck Friday, September 7th presenter to be announced @ Benj s House
Felicia may have a presenter